Schreiber-Bogen Card modeling Luther House Eisenach
Luther House in Eisenach
1498 of 15-year-old Martin Luther comes to Eisenach and goes to school. It is also known that he sings in front of houses and begging to earn a part of his livelihood. That was nothing unusual. But he falls while on a woman. Ursula Cotta is from an influential family and takes him into her house. Today Luther house is then in possession of the Cotta family. To date, partially preserved the original house in today's Luther House.
1636 came after a major fire in Eisenach to significant structural changes. The original three buildings on the site were joined by an additional floor and a mansard roof. Some 260 years later an innkeeper opened the restaurant; Lutherkeller; and led by interested guests Luther former living quarters. Due to heavy damage during the Second World War the Luther House in 1945 had to be rebuilt. Since May 1956, the church, Luther Memorial and the Evangelical parsonage archive housed in the Luther House. On the occasion of the 500th birthday of Martin Luther 1983 Luther house was extensively renovated. Since the 450th anniversary of the death in 1996 can be seen in the Luther Memorial, the new permanent exhibition.
Martin Luther was born in Eisleben on November 10, 1483 and studied law and philosophy from 1501 until he was in the year 1505 monk. He lived in the convent at Wittenberg and worked as a preacher at the town church. 1517 wrote Luther in protest against the sale of indulgences his 95 theses, which are considered the catalyst of the Reformation. For theses and other writings Reformation Luther in 1521 had to answer before the Diet of Worms and refused to recant his writings. He was then assigned the papal ban and outlawed by the Edict of Worms. His sovereign hid him at the Wartburg, where he under the code name; Junker Jörg; lived. There he translated the New Testament into German. 1522 he returned to Wittenberg, and married in 1525 Katharina von Bora. Martin Luther died on February 18, 1546 in Eisleben and was buried in the Castle Church in Wittenberg.
Length: 22 cm
Width: 16 cm
Height: 16 cm